Monday, August 11, 2008

Sources: Dell Support Staff Trained by CIA at Secret Black Box Location

The core concern of this blog is the way in which self/other (self/technology, self/animal,
self/montser, etc.) interactions define the nature of the self, particularly as those interactions are represented in popular culture. For the most part, "I" ( I almost want to say "Dasein" here) experiences Being through those interactions, though the experience of these interactions is that "they" are "me." I.e., I think of my machines as an ability I have, for instance, to surf the web in my shorts in the living room; I am only aware of my machines as things when they cease to function correctly, as when a laptop gives me a blue screen.

This is why I thought it would be worthwhile to blog about my horrible experiences with Dell support. I was trying to be modarate in my last two posts. Big mistake! I take back every moderate thing I said about Dell!


It's truly incredible. I've been waiting for support to call back for over 90 minutes. They sold me a hard drive, assuring me this would solve my problems.

It didn't. New Hard drive, same error message.

Only then does the techie think that maybe the drivers on my system might be out of date.

I want to hit someone. Hard. With a 7 pound dell laptop.

I've now been waiting for support to call back for over 105 minutes.

2 comments:

Christopher Hall said...

Tom,

Great to see there are always potential openings for IT people;O

Chris

Jamil Dart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.